Logo sommerfugl

mandag den 24. marts 2014

Sommerfuglens navlestreng


Den hollandske kunster Anne Ten Donkelaar har i projektet Broken Butterflies fra 2011 leget med at restaurere døde sommerfugle. Som hun selv skriver:

I had my own collection of damaged butterflies, so I decided to repair each one differently according to their needs. So in a way, I now have my own workplace with butterflies and give the butterflies a second life. I design body parts and give the insects new names, names that reveal something about their recovery. For example the The 'Blauw spinner' looked like it had died the moment it hatched from its cocoon. This lead me to me make the body from a twig wrapped with blue thread. A few threads are still hanging loose , almost as though the butterfly is slowly unwinding and breaking free from its cocoon.


0 comments:

Logo sommerfugl